“It is not the lie that passeth through the mind, but the lie that sinketh in, and settleth in it, that doth the hurt” – Francis Bacon.
Want a recipe for success? Resurrect the lyric “Making a List and Checking it Twice”, and let it be a phrase that you use throughout the year as a standard and as a gift to yourself.
So, here’s the simple recipe:
- Determine a dream you want to make into a reality (it has to be positive, life giving, and contributes to you and/or others) …. if your dream doesn’t fit this criteria, it would be difficult to create something that you would keep in your life;
- Make a list of thoughts you have about this dream;
- Make a list of emotions you have about this dream;
- Make a list of 5-10 actions you need to take to manifest your dream;
- Go through your list and cross off any thoughts, emotions, and action that are negative;
- Go through your list again and cross off anything that, after a deeper look and contemplation, brings about negative thoughts and feelings (eg, “I can’t have that, I can’t be that”, or feelings of repression and sadness, etc.);
What’s left is where you start from: a new place where all the junk is swept away and everything looks fresh and new. From this place, you get to decide what gets put into the sacred circle of your life. Try this exercise in all the areas of your life where you feel a sense of dissatisfaction and see what happens!
Please feel free to leave a comment or email me directly.